Today I wanted to post about some of my favorite things! I like to look through other blogs to see other people's favorite products, organizations and just overall things to maybe find something new of my own so I decided that it was time to add my two cents. I think I will categorize these things and just make a list so its easy for you to check it out!
Favorite Websites:
Facebook- Well duh. I spend so much time on here. In fact, I have it open in another tab as we speak!
Twitter- I love twitter. Follow me @shenhayley! I love how you feel like you get to know celebrities and other people. I love the parody accounts I follow and always have new stupid jokes and sayings coming from twitter!
Mint.com- I am loving mint.com. You can add your bank account info. and it can show you where you spend most of your money. It is incredibly helpful and I recommend any other incoming college students to try it out!
PrintWhatYouLike.com- I love this so much! Have you ever wanted to print an article off of a website but didn't want all of the advertisements and "gunk?" Well, PrintWhatYouLike lets you remove all of that so you don't waste paper! Its a genius idea! I used this the other day to print a coloring page (Yeah, I'm 18 and coloring pages are still fun!) and I removed all of the ads. It was fantastic!
TeuxDeux- This simple little website is basically one big to-do list. I love it because I am constantly making to-do lists, and now I have a website to help me categorize it by day. I'm new to the website, but I am enjoying how simple it is to stay organized!
Favorite Organizations
FCCLA- Of course! FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) was my favorite part of high school! Check out fcclainc.org and iafccla.org for more info! Truly a fantastic organization!
American Red Cross- I love the feeling after you give blood (not the ugh I feel so crappy and exhausted feeling) but the "Wow! I just saved a life!" feeling. They do SO much good and for that they are a favorite.
Whitney Elementary-Okay, I don't know if you can consider an Elementary School an organization, but for the sake of this post it is. I saw this story on Ellen about the school and I was blown away. The majority of the students (like over 90%) are homeless and their principal works hard to make sure they always have clothing and food. I was inspired by the story! (Check out Ellen's Youtube Channel for video!)
Favorite Brands
Coach- When it comes to handbags nobody does better! They also have super cute shoes and other accessories!
Silver- Silver Jeans are literally the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn!
Toms- As a (somewhat) new owner of a pair of Toms they make the list! They go with almost any outfit, and when you buy a pair, they donate a pair to a child that doesn't have any shoes! PLUS they are incredibly comfortable! What a score?! A great pair of shoes AND you help kids! Wow. Pretty great!
Favorite Items
(This is a misc. category)
Apple iPod-As I've mentioned before I love my iPod. I use it all the time. Its so great. I love looking through my calendar to see what I have planned, I love checking my email facebook and twitter when I'm out and about and I love taking pictures with it! The weather app is great and sometimes I check stocks just because there's an app for that! (ha!)
Roku- I just bought this item like two weeks ago and I'm in love. My bedroom isn't connected to our Satellite so I can't watch TV down there. This nifty little box allows me to watch Netflix, stream Pandora and even check the news! I am a fan!
Favorite Books
Harry Potter- I don't think I can say enough about how I LOVE Harry Potter! I've always been a fan, but I have a friend who inspired me to get back into the series and oh how I forgot how fantastic it is! I am loving the new website Pottermore that lets you delve deeper into the stories than you ever got to go before! Bravo!
Ana's Story by Jenna Bush- I read this book last year and it was inspiring. Just check it out. You'll be glad you did.
The Hunger Games- Again, just check it out if you haven't already. I hadn't even heard of the books until the movie came out. I haven't seen the movie because I was spending all of that time reading the books trying to catch up on what everyone was talking about!
Jane Eyre- A classic. Such a fun, interesting piece of literature. Its a must read!
Favorite Shows
NCIS- Oh man. I could go on and on about this show! I love it. That beast Mark Harmon plus Michael Weatherly and Cote De Pablo and Sean Murray is such a great combo! Throw in David McCallum and Pauley Perrette and Brian Dietzen and you have one hit!
Arrested Development-Why did this show ever end? I haven't made it to the end of the series yet, but what I've seen so far is so ridiculous that its a favorite!
How I Met your Mother- I wonder...who is the mother? I used to hate the show, but recently its made its way to the top of the list!
I hope this wasn't too long of a list! I'm sure you will be seeing more and more information about favorite things in the coming days and weeks! :)
Hayley
No comments:
Post a Comment