This summer I'm presenting a workshop on the power of positive thinking at the 2012 FCCLA National Leadership Conference. I've been thinking a lot about this topic for well over a year now, and I'm finally going to share what I've found with others. I'm so incredibly excited, nervous, scared, thrilled. Too many emotions. I'm excited to share my workshop this summer, where I will talk about what I've just written, how to stay positive during a stressful situation and have some fun.
I believe that although at the time, you may not be in a positive frame of mind, when you look back on the situation you are able to see all of the good that came out of it. I'll be honest, I'm not the most positive person in the world, but I keep it on my mind quite often. I believe that positivity and negativity are frames of mind that you teach yourself to fall into that can affect your daily life, happiness and well-being. Studies have shown that people who tackle fatal illnesses with a positive fighting spirit rather than a negative attitude live longer and conquer the illnesses more often and I sincerely believe that if you are able to find the positives in a situation, even if it isn't immediately you will come out successful. Positivity is a frame of mind where you accept the world as it is. You aren't focusing on what you could change, but rather the good going on at the present moment. I don't believe that you have to be positive all the time to live a happy, fulfilling life but I do believe that you should try to stay positive.
One thing I will be talking about in my workshop is finding way to deal with stress positively. So many people give up on finding positive ways to deal with the stresses in their lives and result in negative things that hurt the positive frame of mind such as drugs and alcohol. Although this really isn't a major part of my workshop, I think it is important that people find ways to deal with their daily stresses in ways that will help their future. I find things like meditation or listening to music, going for a run, leaving the situation for a short period of time or finding something you are passionate about to channel your negative energy into can be great ways to deal with stress.
Overall, I believe that staying positive or negative is your choice that can affect the rest of your life just as much as the choice to do drugs. I hope this post gets you thinking positive. :)
Hayley
No comments:
Post a Comment