Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Whew.

I finally have a free moment. Thank goodness. Things have been a whirlwind lately and I can't even begin to describe how wonderful it has been to do absolutely nothing for a change. I moved back to Des Moines on August 13th and since then I have been constantly going and doing things but I loved every minute of it. Going from our fall leadership retreat, to leadership week, new student days and the first week of class was insane, but I learned and grew so much in the last month and I'm so thankful that I had such incredible opportunities. Sometimes I have to take a moment to think of how wonderful my life is and how lucky I am to attend such a fantastic college that I love so much and just enjoy everything. Thinking back to last year's homesickness, I can't even begin to understand the growth that occurred in the last year. I didn't even go home for labor day this year because I wanted to stay with my friends and relax! (I do have to go home in a couple of weeks though so that may have had something to do with that decision...) I didn't feel like I really got a real summer break and at first that bothered me, but now I'm okay with it. I loved my summer classes (minus my May term History class) and I enjoyed my time at home in July as life changing as it was. July was absolutely insane when it comes to a relaxing summer. I never would have guessed everything that happened. I experienced grief I've never felt before and I spent a lot of my own time in and out of the doctor's office...so much for a relaxing break! New Student Days was a success and I loved meeting all of the new students and getting to know them. You also can't beat a weekend with the View Crew! I love those guys! Sure it was a stressful and busy weekend but I wouldn't give it up for anything. Now that school is starting I'm about to have zero free time. Great. I love being busy but this year is going to push me to see how much I can handle. 18 credits. A leadership position and two jobs on campus. I can handle it, but we'll see how the stress-o-meter handles it. I'm looking forward to a fantastic school year nonetheless and I'm super excited to see what the future brings, even with the stress that comes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment