Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

VBS

This week I am looking forward to a fun-filled week! Today marked the first day of bible school where the theme is no matter what trust god called Sky VBS. It was a great day and also reassured me that I could not be an Elementary teacher! Just a few hours with those kids and I was wiped out! They're so energetic an wild! Coming back as a group leader reminded me of when I was a kid going to bible school. I used to look forward to it each year and in the ( I can't believe it's been so long!) 7ish years since i've been a student at bible schools lot had changed! I remember going and having an elaborately decorated classroom with a teacher and ten or so other kids. We made our rotations to crafts, singing and snacks but had our lesson put on by our teacher who did everything with us. Now there is no 'home' classroom, groups are of 4-6 and rotations include movie, wild blue bible lessons, science experiments and snack (which is the only thing that stayed the same with a trusty peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a various snack of the day) we have bottled water versus juice though. I think the new format is neat but I also think the old way was too. My group of kids are rather shy, but started to warm up to me by the end of the day! The songs are catchy and I've had them stuck in my head all evening! I just wonder what the program will entail on Thursday as we used to have music class and each grade had different songs they sang and then there were songs that everybody sang. I just don't know what the program will include now, as we sang 2 songs today but neither were practiced like they used to be for a program. Hmm... I wonder... I also signed up to give blood at a blood drive on Thursday! I never though I would actually look up blood drives to attend but I love that feeling after giving blood where you realize that you saved a life! :) I'm looking forward to everything this week is going to entail!

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment