Monday, July 23, 2012
A few short weeks...
In just a few short weeks life as I know it will be changing completely. In just 31 days I'll be moving to Des Moines. I can't believe how fast this summer has really flown! Its completely ridiculous. Realizing how soon college is coming is both incredibly exciting and yet super nerve wracking. I love buying things for my dorm and I love the excitement that is the change coming, yet I'm really not sure about leaving the comforts of home for the unknown. All I ever talk about is how excited I am for college yet deep down I'm also afraid. I'm afraid my roommate won't like me, I'm scared about moving to such a big town (compared to my hometown) and I'm nervous about my classes. I've taken college classes before, but none have challenged me in any way, shape or form whatsoever. I really want good grades and in high school I didn't have to try really at all except on the occasional paper which I usually made up as I went. It always seems like kids in college know how everything works and are always confident and such, but I have no idea how anything works at this moment in time. I may sound really apprehensive but overall I'm really excited. I can't wait to meet my roommate, explore Des Moines and take challenging classes for once in my life. I'm just not so thrilled with leaving home and going 3 hours away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment