Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

NLC #realitycheck

I had such an incredible time this last week getting a #realitycheck at the 2012 FCCLA NLC! I had so much fun touring Orlando, meeting new people and seeing old friends. I had a fantastic time at Sea World for the first time! I never had a desire to go, but it was SO much fun! I was also able to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom and Epcot! Two of my favorite Disney parks! I rode the Space Mountain ride at Magic Kingdom for the first time. Oh. My. Goodness. It was the ride of a lifetime! So much fun! At Epcot I love the countries! I love hearing different accents :P such as English or Italian! I loved that there was a family from the UK in the UK part of Epcot! It was interesting to listen to them! The conference part of the trip was quite the success! The theme #realitycheck is probably one of my favorite themes FCCLA has ever had! It was so much fun to see some of my friends up on stage as part of the NEC (National Executive Council)! One of my favorite parts of the week though was seeing a few of my best friends make the 2012-2013 National Executive Council! I'm so proud of all of them and have confidence that they will be incredible national officers! My workshop 'The Power of Positivity' was a success, and I had a great time getting to know members that attended! All three workshops combined, I saw around 300 members which was great! Finally, the highlight of my trip was the FCCLA block party at Universal Studios! I got to go to Harry Potter World. It was the highlight of my trip, but of my life. I was able to live through a part of my childhood again! Drinking butterbeer at the Three Broom Sticks, buying a Wand from Olivanders and getting candy from Honeydukes, was so crazy! It was just incredible! My goodness was it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment