I'm also rather excited at the prospect of a 2-day school week. Being at the conference on Monday and Tuesday and only having class then on Wednesday and Thursday! I love the fact that I'll be back home again in just 4 days! It makes packing much easier in relation to the fact that I don't have to take everything back with me since I'll be home again so soon! Talk about convenient!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Here We Go Again...
As I get ready to head back to the great city of Des Moines tomorrow I can't help but think of the fact that this same weekend last year was when it all ended, yet I can't help but think "here we go again..." as I get ready. I should clarify, last year I was heading to my last duty as an Iowa FCCLA State Officer. It was one of the most exciting things that happened last year. Now, as I pack to head back after a great, relaxing spring break I'm packing for yet another State Leadership Conference. It's crazy how everything seems to come full circle, isn't it? I remember attending my first SLC and being incredibly excited and wanting that red jacket (#redjacketswag!) and eventually running for office. Now, I'm heading back as a volunteer and it's crazy how much different it all seems. Who knew a couple of years would change everything? I think the hardest part of this entire conference is going to be the fact that I made the decision to change my education endorsement from Family and Consumer Science to Social Studies and as FCCLA is co-curricular with FCS it's going to be a tad awkward. Trying to figure out what to wear is also a difficulty. Do I wear my polo like the members? Do I even wear red at all? I want to distinguish myself from the members in that I am merely a freshman in college and chances are, there are going to be members that are Seniors in high school that are older than me. Crazy stuff, let me tell you. I can't help but worry about choosing the right outfit to wear...although I know I shouldn't worry about it. I'm SO excited to be able to meet back up with some of my best friends and help inspire members to become better leaders in their family, careers and communities but I'm also a bit nervous. Going from STAR event participant to First VP who deals with the logistics of STAR events and being a tallier to now a judge it's like my entire journey has come full circle and it's fantastic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment