Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Decision

Well. Here we are, I've made my decision. I've decided what I really want to do with the rest of my life. It's rather exciting actually. What is that decision you may ask? I've decided that I am  officially going to be a Social Studies teacher and also major in History. It's going to take an incredible amount of work to accomplish all of the things I need to so that I can get to where I want to be. The All Social Studies endorsement alone is 55 credits. Then you add the Secondary Education and History majors you've got yourself an adventure! I'm really excited for where I think this course will take me and the opportunities it will afford me in the future even with all of the work it is going to take. It amazes me that I would have even considered changing my endorsement from FCS to Social Studies but after changing it I feel like I've gotten really comfortable with what I want to do. :) 

The first month of second semester of my freshman year is now over. It's crazy how fast the time goes, but it befuddles me how slowly the days can seem at times. I can't believe how fast the first month seems to have gone looking it it now, but the days seemed so long at times. The homework load of this semester is over the top ridiculous and I can't believe how hard it has been at times to get everything done on time. I'm not the best when it comes to managing my time and I seriously need to work on it. I get incredibly stressed out but I choose to procrastinate way to often. I need to get my priorities straight and get things done. 

It amazes me how my classes don't seem to have gotten more challenging yet I feel much more overwhelmed this semester. My honors class is pushing me way harder than it did last semester although it isn't much more difficult, there is just more work to it. I have a love-hate relationship with the class the majority of the time. I love the material and the deep discussions and big ideas but I absolutely hate the amount of work it takes for me to even begin to understand some of the ideas. It bothers me the amount of effort I have put into the class so far this semester compared to last. I've probably put 3-4 times the amount of work into the class this semester ALREADY that I put into the entire last semester and yet my grades are lower. Coincidence? I'm not quite sure.

I love college overall. It's such an incredible experience and I couldn't think of my life without coming here. I'm seriously so excited to see how my life is going to turn out that sometimes I wish I could just fast forward through the next five years to see where I land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment