Well, look at that. I forgot to do the last eight days. Man, I'm great at this, aren't I? Just kidding! I guess I have eight things to be thankful for now!
12: I'm thankful for my car, without it I wouldn't be going home tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family and I wouldn't be able to drive around town to go to stores or out to have any fun.
13. I'm thankful for having too many points left on my meal plan. Its quite the hassle to try to use them all up in these last few weeks of the semester, but its kind of fun to buy all kinds of ridiculous things from Stacks.
14. I'm thankful for my FCCLA family. I love that I can talk to those guys about anything and everything. I keep up with my FCCLA friends from high school more than the actual people I graduated and that means a lot to me.
15. I'm thankful for Des Moines. As a city its fantastic. I've learned a lot about the differences between people in small towns and people from the city in the last few months with regard to how they treat you. Here people don't make as much eye contact and at first it was really awkward, but I'm coming to get used to it. Its a city of SO much promise and I'm thankful for that promise. As the city continues to grow, it will provide numerous jobs for so many people who need them.
16. I'm thankful for Pandora, because without it I would not get my daily music fix. I swear, every day I'm on Pandora listening to music. I'm in LOVE with Michael Buble's music, Frank Sinatra helps me study, and sometimes I'll turn on my Today's Hits radio just to pump me up.
17. I'm thankful for Saturdays to relax. Last Saturday I took the day and enjoyed my relaxation and did absolutely nothing, I barely left my room. It was glorious. I watched the entire second season of The Big Bang Theory. I'm obsessed now. Saturdays are just great days, because I love sleeping in and they're great to write papers that are due on Monday. ;)
18. I'm thankful for opportunities I have with the President of my University. A select group of us get to spend time with him and discuss various topics, and last night's topic was Vocation. It could not have come at a much better time. It was really interesting to learn about finding vocation in our lives and figuring out what exactly we were meant to do with our lives. It was really interesting.
19. Today I'm thankful for my Logos class. Its one of my favorite classes in an I love to hate it type of way. It has made me think about so many different abstract topics that I never would have thought of otherwise and I love those challenging thoughts. I also love that tonight we went and saw the movie Lincoln as a class and I have a new favorite movie. Abraham Lincoln is now one of my favorite presidents. (I seem to be asked quite frequently whom my favorite president was and now I have a solid response) regardless of party affiliation. It was so interesting to see how the political ideology of the time was so different when compared with ours. I'm thankful for that chance to see a movie I probably wouldn't have otherwise.
No comments:
Post a Comment